Monday, March 31, 2014

Preternatural Prophecy Epilogue

Laurel floated for what seemed forever in the openness. A warm glow embraced her. Her body shivered in joy at what touched her. She opened her eyes to see an orb with tendrils. The tendrils wrapped themselves around her body lightly. It emitted a warm glow. The tendrils retracted into the orb and it transformed into a human like figure. Laurel’s hand flew to her mouth as she saw who it was.
Laurel’s fiancé transformed. He stepped towards her. His smile seemed to gleam. He walked toward her like nothing had ever happened to him. Tears flowed freely from Laurel’s eyes. Her fiancé touched her cheek. The warmth forced all the evil to disappear. Laurel threw herself into his arms. The warmth spread all over her body.
“Laurel, welcome to the afterlife. Here everything is good for those who have been good. Unfortunately you cannot stay here.” Her fiancé said. His warm smile turned to a sad frown. Sadness showed in his eyes.
“Why not?” Laurel said pleadingly. The tears turned to fear.
“Your time on earth is not yet complete. You will grow up and have another marriage. You will also have a child.”
“But…but…but…I love you and only you.”
Laurel I know you do. You showed that the day I died. It is time to let go. What your parents did will always haunt them. Killing me was the last thing your father will ever that is evil. They will pay for what they have done here in the afterlife.”
            “I want to be with you so badly. That is why I need to stay. My life is not complete without you. I have longed to die for so long just to be with you. I died to be with you.”
            “I know you have Laurel but that is not the way it is supposed to be. There is more to your life besides me. I am just your past. I cannot be your future. There is another waiting for you. He is kind. He is just like me. There is no doubting that. Please go back to your body. If you do not, you will still not be able to stay here. You will live in the in between worlds forever.”
            “Fine I will go back. Just promise me that I will see a bit of you in this man.”
            “I am sure you will see more than enough of me in him.”
            “I am ready to go back then.” Laurel sighed and looked at her lover one more time. Her fiancé turned back into the glowing orb. The tendrils slithered out of it and wrapped themselves around Laurel. The warmth was more intense now. Laurel felt like she was falling. She blacked out.

Laurel awoke back in her body. Her short sword was still in her hand. It was right before she had slit her throat. She placed the sword back into her sheathe and walked out of the darkness to her sister and Wendel.

No comments:

Post a Comment